Holy shit, I wrote a load of craz-ee stuff in the last few weeks and then I saw a dragon. Well, no, not really – but I did do a load of writing on the site, some of which could possibly even be described as good. Links at the bottom.
More importantly that any of that though was the fact that I finally finished watching all of Battlestar Galactica, the re-imagined series. Late, I know, but I like to sit down and watch TV shows only after they’ve already finished so that I can watch them at my own pace. I loved watching Buffy and Angel every week back in the day, but it was such a drawn out and painfully delayed process that I’d prefer to not do it again. Thus, I watched Battlestar Galactica only recently. And I can’t get ‘All Along the Watchtower’ out of my head. Alas.
I suppose I could squeeze some detailed analysis out if I wanted, but the emphasis would be on squeeze – so I’d rather not. It was good, I liked it, now I’ll move on to something else. Probably getting some serious Baldur’s Gate on; life as a Lv. 3 Half-Elf Conjurer requires dedication.
I have little else to say, so here are the links.
- Interview with Rebellion about Alien vs. Predator, finally written up after GamesCom 2009
- Is PC Gaming Dying?, which Alec Meer reckons is shameless traffic-hunting, but actually wasn’t
- Death to Spies: Moment of Truth, possibly the worst game I’ve played this year
- Ron Gilbert’s DeathSpank is unveiled, the trailer looks cool
- Gaming Podcast #3, in which I argue with Alex Watson about The Beatles
I also did a blog post on my bit-tech blog about Games to Play with Your Children, which was something I’d long been planning as a feature. Other games to add to that list include Tales of Monkey Island, Worms, Facade and House of the Dead: Overkill.